MINOPT is currently ported to the following platforms:
In order to install MINOPT on a UNIX system, the following are required:
- C compiler
- The make utility
- The libraries for the solvers you wish to use with MINOPT
In order to obtain MINOPT for a PC running WindowsNT or
Windows95, please refer to the
In order to obtain MINOPT for a PC running Linux,
please refer to the
To compile MINOPT on a UNIX system, follow the following steps:
- Obtain the MINOPT tar file for the appropriate architecture
from the Software Archive.
- Uncompress the tar file using gunzip.
% gunzip minopt_hppa.tar.gz
- Extract the tar file using the tar command:
%tar xvf minopt_hppa.tar
The will create the directory minopt_hppa and extract the
MINOPT into this directory. The new directory will contain
- Run the configuration script to create the Makefile for MINOPT:
This will ask you a series of questions regarding the computer
as well as which external solvers you have present and wish to
include with your MINOPT executable. When the configuration is
complete, a Makefile for compiling MINOPT will be created.
- After the configuration is complete and the Makefile has been
created. Use the make command to compile the program:
This will create the single MINOPT executable named minopt
- All that is needed to run MINOPT is the single executable. To
install MINOPT on an UNIX system, copy the executable to an
appropriate place on the computer. (Somewhere like
/usr/local/bin is usually a good choice.)
- Now you are ready to run MINOPT. To test that it is compiled
and installed correctly, run the program:
You should get the header message and copyright information.
- You can run MINOPT, but you will not get very far without a
valid license. Consult the Purchasing
and Licensing page for more information about this.
Last modified: Fri Aug 14 14:09:21 EDT 1998
Copyright © 1998 Princeton University
All Rights Reserved